Subject: Re: Features wish list
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 94 19:27:03 PDT

>                                  MODELER
>                                  -------
>1. Static Hidden Line Removal in Modeler.

	AGREED!  I've always found it wierd that I can't see a 'solid'
	static preview.

>
>4.  A feature like Ced's 'Jump to auto-mark' feature.  I zoom in on an
>object, then want to look at all of it, then go back in.  I want my
>location in space to be saved, so after I press 'a' I could press 'shift +
>a' and go back to my last position.

	I suggest using SHIFT-FUNCTION keys for the same effect, but more
	choices.  SHIFT-FUNCTION is currently unused in Modeler.

>                                  LAYOUT
>                                  ------
>1.  When cloning objects in the object panel in layout, the new objects
>should be right after the cloned object in the list, not at the end of the
>list.

	CONCUR!
>
>2. Don't know the official name for this feature, but let's call it 'memory
>conserving cloning'. I mean cloned objects should not take any memory but
>their location/size/rotation. See Caligari, Strata...

	I believe Allen told me once that this was not possible without a
	significant revamping of LW's structure.  I could be wrong....
>
>3. Cursor keys should always scroll lists, for example when choosing
>parent/target etc.

	Good.
>
>4. Control for the camera zoom factor from the layout screen, <SNIP>

	Concur.
>
>5. Texture fast previews! <snip>

	That'd be nice, but I don't the Amiga has the horsepower. <sigh>

***********************************************************************
*   (OOOOO)  [email-masked]  |  Synergy Graphix & Animation     *
*  (OOOOOOO)  Welcome to Seattle!  |   Film and Video Productions     *
*    \\\\\\    Have a latte'!      |Technical Subjects Our Specialty! *
*     \\\\\\                       |         (206) 283-3540           *
***********************************************************************